India Vision Foundation is charitable non-profit making trust registered under the Indian Trust Act having registration No. 4595 dated August 1, 1994. It is also registered/s 12A of the Income Tax Act, 1961. It was born out of the Ramon Magsaysay Award (equivalent to Asian Nobel Prize) in 1994. The award was conferred to Dr. Kiran Bedi, the first female officer of Indian Police Service (IPS), for forging ‘positive relationships’ between people and the police through creative leadership. India Vision Foundation seeks to carry forward its service in all those areas which were the basis of the award; namely Police and Prison Reforms; Women Empowerment while ‘Save the next victim’ remains its mantra.
Presently, the foundation is working with in the prisons of 3 States namely Delhi (Tihar), Haryana (Gurgaon, Faridabad) and Uttar Pradesh (Dasna). The reformation activities in all prison projects are based on 3 S Model of Sanskar (value inculcation), Shiksha (Education) and Skills (training & development). India Vision Foundation is touching more than 2500 lives every day through projects both inside as well as outside prison; striving hard to give a new hope to the prison inmates and their families, especially children through positive reinforcement, education and values that not only help them to become responsible and conscientious citizens of the society. Training of prison officials for the spread of reform activities in their respective prisons has been a path breaking step for the foundation since 2015 and more than 350 prison officers from the different prisons of the country have been trained till date. The foundation has successfully reached out to more than 1, 50,000 beneficiaries under its Prison reforms and rural development program till date.
About the requirement
Prison Project Manager- For UP prisons (Dasna & Kasna Prison)
No of vacancies – 2 (1 female & 1 Male )
Salary range – Rs. 30,000/- CTC To Rs 35.000/- CTC (depending on experience and skills)
Roles & Responsibilities
- Establish rapport with prison authorities and beneficiaries ( prison inmates)
- Responsible for working along with the Director for tasks related to team selection and orientation of the new staff , proposal writing, concept note writing, produce reports as per the need
- Plan and coordinate the all the activities of the project as per the objectives of the proposal Closely monitor monthly & weekly plans based on proposal objectives and budgets;
- Also Monitor and evaluate the weekly/monthly activities through regular prison visits
- Train the new staff and team members for delivering their responsibilities effectively and from time to time for improvement
- Conduct review meetings with Prison authorities for the improvement and betterment of the project
- Communication requests for specific information is sent in accurately and within the timescale specified.
- Responsible to develop project staff through facilitating/ referring to relevant training opportunities and through regular mentoring.
- Ensure relevant information, photographs and stories are regularly shared with the Communications team with content and in a format that can be used for external communication purposes (as mentioned in the Communication guidelines).
- Create and establish linkages with nearby institutes and agencies for expert on different themes to invite them as resource persons; also for various trainings/ workshop sessions.
- Coordinate with resource persons for different kind of workshops
- Strengthen linkages and liaison with other stake holders and organizations for external support and other resources
- Maintenance and documentation of the project detail along with timely reporting of the project activities
- Facilitate orientation of new staff, and ensure that other staff including the trainers receive appropriate training and are developed to deliver their services effectively.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the project staff through regular meetings (one-on-one including line management meetings) and reviews.
- Conduct periodical staff review, mid-year and annual performance review of the team.
- Develop and promote team building and cohesiveness through problem solving, conflict resolution to facilitate the growth of all team members Assist in the conducting of research to identify new areas of work.
- Responsible to network with organizations, stakeholders, agencies and individuals outside who can help with inputs ( resources, trainings and for MOU’s).
- Review and update resources and resource persons on a yearly basis
and maintain the database.
- Has update and knowledge on Government policies, laws and rules and avail of facilities that are relevant to receive support for the project activities.
Qualification & Required skills
Master’s degree in Social Work or a related field required.
- 2/3 years’ of relevant work experience.
- At least three years’ experience in managing a team, including project management and implementation.
- Innovative, proactive, strategic planner with creative thinking skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, networking and documentation skills.
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English and Hindi required.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong commitment to the vision, mission and values of India Vision Foundation
- To be willing to serve as and when required and requested beyond the specified scope of duty